Black, Fine Particle (~3mm) Fired Volcanic Ash Base Substrate
- Natural volcanic ash with beneficial properties for aquatic plant growth and long-term
care of fishes and motile invertebrates requiring slightly-acidic, low-GH water conditions.
- Ideal for use as a substrate in shrimp biotope aquaria.
- Binds elements that contribute to hardness, lowering GH and resulting in a slight
acidification of alkaline water to a pH of less than 7.
- Used as a primary substrate, forms the basis of a stable growth medium for rooted
aquatic plants by:
1. Permitting development of strong root systems.
2. Encouraging nutrient-uptake through roots via increased interstitial water circulation
(relative to higher-density substrata) and acidic pH environment.
3. Allowing roots to remain sufficiently oxygenated to maintain plant health.
5 lbs. | 15 lbs.